Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Summer Edit - Lipstick picks (Drugstore)

Summer is coming to an end but it is not going to stop me from posting my top drugstore lip product picks for Summer

All year round, I stick with my pinks, I do not tend to have a summer colour or an autumn colour. On some summer days, I do tend to be a little more crazy or bold and try out bolder and brighter colours. Feeling all summery.

3 Concept Eye Lip Lacquer in 'Pink Boom', Candy Doll Lipgloss in Macaroon Pink, Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in Pink Punch, Catrice Lipstick in 'Oh Juicy', NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

3 Concept Eye Lip Lacquer texture is somewhat similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. Pink Boom is a bright loud fuchsia, it is a fun and bold colour, definitely not for that faint hearted. I find this extremely flattering on Asian skintones, it is one of those shades that immediately brightens up the look. It can be applied full or dabbed across the lips to give a subtle hint of pink.

Candy Doll Lipgloss in Macaroon Pink. Macaroon Pink is a pale milky pink. It has enough amount of white to create a milky pink lips but not enough to wash me out. It contains hyaluronic acid which keeps the lips supple and full but just don't apply too much, it can get really gooey and patchy, not pretty at all.

Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in Pink Punch. This looks like a dusty pink in the photo but in real life is a bright pink with coral undertones. Very fun and very summery colour. The Colorshow lipsticks seems to be an Asian limited thing which is unfortunate. It is very affordable and comes in a wide range of colours. The finish is semi-matte. The lipstick is not very moisturizing but it isn't too dry.

Catrice Lipstick, oh, I just love Catrice's lipstick. The texture is really creamy, it feels moderately good on the lips, the colour pay off is just great! 'Oh Juicy' is a bright straight up orange. It just screams loud. Great orange lipstick for the summer.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp, I can't just say how much I adore this shade. It is a pink with coral undertones. It is one of those colours that brightens up every look. Gorgeous gorgeous shade.

So these are my 5 picks for summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment