Friday, August 24, 2012

Collective base review #1

This is gonna be a collective base makeup review.
I think it is high time I review some BB cream/foundation I own.

1.Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream
This is the Asian version of the Maybelline BB Cream. I don't know the difference between the Asian and Western version since I do not own the western version.

The texture of this BB Cream is liquidy of a foundation. Compared to Korean BB creams, this leans more to a tinted moisturizer with SPF.
The packaging is a tube with screw top. Since the BB cream is so liquidy, it actually leaks from the nozzle, creating a mess. This is what I hate about the packaging.
Does it promise the 8 things it does?
Brightens - Definitely
Evens - Yeap!
Smoothes - Smoothen? My face definitely feels slightly smoother.
Refines - I don't see anything refined
Clears -  Oh Maybelline BB, you are no pimple busting product. i don't even see Tea Tree extract or Witch Hazel extract or Salicylic Acid in the ingredient list.
Conceals - It evens, it does not conceal hyper pigmentation, dark eyecircles or pimples. You need a concealer for it.
Moisturizes - It is not very moisturizing. Don't skip moisturizer step and use this BB cream!
Protect Skin - Ofcourse! There's SPF and an extra layer on the skin.

It like that it sinks into the skin creating a "no makeup"-like base look. Maybe because it is very light.

Coverage of this BB cream is light to some-what medium. It is buildable but I do not recommend building it because it might make the face look pale.
It comes in 2 shades which caters for skintone NC20 to NC35.
Price wise, it is very affordable, it is good to grab one as a tinted moisturizer.
Oil control is above average, foundation last about 9 hours on me. I am not a very oily girl.

So far, I pretty like this BB cream.
I would give it a 3.5/5.

2.Ninelle Matt Effect Foundation
This is one foundation not available in Asia. I don't know which European countries this brand is available at but I got mine in Russia.
The texture of this foundation is slightly liquidity. It is very light.
Since it is light, the coverage is as light too. It is not buildable but the foundation stays on the skin. It is not very streaky, best applied with a brush, like most foundation.

It evens my skintone, conceals some redness but skin problems like hyper pigmentation, pimples or dark eyecircles, a concealer is definitely needed.
Price wise, it is affordable. I forgot what's the price but definitely comes under the affordable line.
It says it is a Matt Effect foundation but I don't find anything mattifying about this foundation, the finish is satin. Which I like it more than matt since matt can be too flat on the face.
This foundation is quite moisturizing. Oil control wise, it is not very good, stays about 3 hours on my face then magically fades off. My skin isn't oily to begin with.

I give foundation a 3/5!

3.Vivieene Sabo Lifting Care Foundation
I am not sure where Vivienne Sabo is available at. I got mine from Russia.
Texture wise, it is mediumly liquidy. The coverage is medium to full. Definitely buildable but I don't recommend building because this foundation is streaky!
I takes quite a long time to buff in with a brush to achieve a less streaky look. Imagine if using fingers, it is gonna take awhile before the streaks are less visible. Still patches of foundation can be seen on my skin. So dry skin people, just don't go near this foundation.
The magical thing is it looks good on camera (my camera atleast), what sorcery is this.
It conceals most redness and skin uneveness. Dark circles too if they aren't too heavy. For pimples and hyperpigmention some light concealing is still needed.

Price wise, it falls under the affordable range.
Oil control is okay, not too great but not too bad. About 5-6 hours on my face.

A 2.5/5 for this foundation! It still works for me.

4. Vivienne Sabo Ton De Plasir Foundation

Vivienne Sabo is a cheaper range of drugstore makeup find in Russia. This foundation is the most expensive foundation under Vivienne Sabo yet it is still very affordable.
Texture wise is a medium liquid. The coverage is medium to full and buildable.
I got to say this is my favourite Vivienne Sabo foundation because it is not streaky, it has good coverage thus conceals a lot of imperfections but major acne and hyper pigmentation still needs some concealing.
The only complain has got to be the undertone. It has very yellow undertone. I am Asian but my undertone isn't very yellow so it didn't match too well.
Since this foundation is marketed in European countries, I don't know how Caucasian deals with the undertone. If it is marketed for Asians, I would understand because the yellow undertone will suit lots of Asians.
Oil control is above average, this foundation can last the whole day for me with dusting of powder.
Price wise, it is under the affordable range.

I give this foundation a 4/5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment