Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ole Summer : L'oreal 3 for 2 and Bourjois

The beauty shop near my hostel had a three for two sale on L'oreal, Maybelline and Ganier and also an offer for an item on Bourjois which I had my eyes on. It is a pretty good deal which I could not pass on, so, I ended up getting some items from the beauty store.


Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder, L'oreal Infailliable 24 hrs Matte Foundation, L'oreal le blush.

This is what I have picked up from the drugstore. I really had my eyes on the Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder after seeing Amelia Liana from Youtube sporting this powder. 
Also, the whole youtube/beauty blogger world has been talking about this L'oreal Infaillible Foundation, I jumped the bandwagon and got one myself. The blushes, I wanted to make full use for the 3 for 2 offer and I was swatching  the blushers and really like the colours and texture, so I got two to fit the deal. 

L'oreal Infaillible 24 Hrs Matte Foundation. If I am not mistaken it is called the Pro Matte in the US
My colour is in 11 Vanilla, the second lightest shade available. Actually I was torn between choosing 11 and 12. 11 leans more yellow and 12 more pink. After much consideration I went with 11 because the yellow undertone might suit to my Asian skintone better. 

I haven't got the chance to test this foundation but I am definitely excited to try it out.

The Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder.
I am just so extremely thrilled when this powder went had an offer because I have been eyeing on this for the longest time. 
I have good experiences with Bourjois' base products and there were a lot of great reviews about this powder out there. So, I guess that's what lead me to purchase this powder. 

Let's talk about how beautiful the packaging is. It comes with a sleek black sturdy packing 
The mirror, can be rotated 360 degrees all around and is in a good size.

The powder. I didn't remove the plastic flim on top just yet so pardon the reflection. 
My shade is 52, which is the lightest available. I usually use shade 51 in Bourjois. I swatched it before purchasing it and it seems just fine on my Nc15-Nc20 skin but I am actually a little afraid that the powder will be dark on my face after the oxidation. I have to try out and see how it goes. 

L'oreal le blush. I got the shade 140 and 105. 
This blushes so smooth and soft to the touch that when I swatching it, I just went all 'ooh~ and ahh~' and before I could realize, these blushes are already in my shopping basket. 

Left : 140 Right: 105
140 is a soft rose-beige with some peach undertones
105 is a straight up baby pink

From the picture you could see some fall outs. These blushes are really soft so it crumbles really easily. Just do not drop these blushes, they will shatter into a million pieces. 

Swatches : Left : 140 Right : 105 

The blush comes with a blush brush which most of the time I would not use. I prefer using my own blush brush. I still it is pretty nice for on the go. 
It also comes with a small mirror, which can come handy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment