Wednesday, November 18, 2015

FOTD: The natural look

This is the look that I wore to my birthday bash. It is really simple and natural.

For my base, I used the Etude House Face Conditioning Cream to keep my skin moisturized and prepped for the foundation. It is important to moisturize the skin so that the foundation goes on smoother and appear less patchy and does not cling on to dry spots.
For my foundation, I used the L'oreal Nude Magique foundation. This foundation has this silicon-powdery feel and it is very fluid, almost like a watery texture. This foundation goes on the skin very light and you hardly need to blend it, pretty fool-proof ,also, you do not feel like there's any product on the face. The downside is probably the fact this foundation has very light coverage and could hardly be build up to a medium.
For my undereyes, I concealed with the Maybelline Dream Lumi Corrector. It conceals at the same time giving a highlighted effect to my undereyes.
The L'oreal Nude Magique does not require a powder to set, since it dries down powdery, but I still prefer to set my foundation. So, I light dusted MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural all over my face.

To add on colour to my face, I applied the Essence Me & My Ice Cream Cream Blush. No highlighting or bronzing this time around.

For the eyes, I created a subtle cat eyes flick with the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner in Black and coated my eyelashes with Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara. I skipped the whole eyeshadow step.
To give my brows the extra 'oomph', I used the Maybelline Brow Satin. This has became my favourite brow product from the drugstore, it has completely replaced my Catrice Brow Pencil which I used to swear by. To lighten it up a little, making it less harsh, also, make my brows stay in place, I applied the Kiss Me Brow Mascara. This is my favourite brow mascara to date. It is a Japanese brand.

The lips, to give my lips a nice glow. I used the Catrice Glossy Lip Glow to achieve the natural pink lips look.

No comments:

Post a Comment