Saturday, November 28, 2015

FOTD : Diwali Celebration

This is the look I sported during a Diwali celebration with my friends. I love this makeup so much, I find it so gorgeous that I thought it would be a shame if I don't share this look.

The base of this look is neutral colours with a punch of glow. I would call it the nude glow look.

For my base, I applied the Etude House Face Conditioning Cream. Well, this is the only base I have with me right now, it's not too bad. It is moisturizing, so it packs in the hydration for the skin for a nice smooth canvas.
This time I thought of switching up my foundation a little, instead of using my so loved Rimmel True Match Foundation, I opted for the Dr. G BB Cream. Upon first application this BB Cream can appear grey tone on my NC15 - NC20 skin, not flattering at all but somehow after 10 minutes or so it seems to have adapted to my skintone and blends into my skin perfectly. Even so, if you are not in the NC15 - NC20 range I will not recommend this BB cream, it will appear too ashy on darker skintones and I don't think it will adapt to your skintone and leave a white cast or those lighter than a NC15, it might appear dark. Not the best but it is one of the better BB creams I have ever used. The texture is smoother, creamy, very blendable and coverage is really high, I need less than a pea size for my whole face.
Powder, I am using my favourite MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural.

To cover them dark circles, I applied the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. This stuff is magic for concealing those dark circles, not to mention, it is a drugstore product thus making it affordable.


For my eyeshadow, I used the Catrice Absolute Nude Palette. I used the 2nd, 4th and 5th shade from this palette to create this eye look. The 2nd shade is applied all over my eyelid as a base. The 4th shade is a shimmery bronzy shade that I blended all over my crease to deepen it a little and also give the 'glow'. The 5th shade is applied at my outer V to give my eyes some depth and definition.
I tightlined and line my upper lid thinly with the Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner.

Mascara, I applied the L'oreal Volummissime x4 Mascara for both my upper and lower lashes.

Eyebrows are the Maybelline Brow Satin and Kiss Me Brow Mascara.

Now to my highlighter. Can you see how pretty is this highlight. It is so shimmery and frosty. I just like my highlight strong.
This is actually no highlighter product, I applied the Essence Mono Eyeshadow in Apricotta as a highlight and it works so great, like an expensive highlighter just for 1/8 of the price. So, you don't need to have a highlighting product in order to highlight. You can always search for a champagne, shimmery or frosty eyeshadow to double as a highlighter.

My blush this time is the Essence Me & My Ice Cream Cream blush and Bronzer, is the The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Gel.

Something about the lips. I lined my lips with my oh so favourite Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve and applied the Me Now Lipgloss in #18. This shade of the USD1 Ebay lipgloss is known to be a dupe for the Limecrime Cashmere.
For its price, don't expect this lipgloss or matte liquid lipstick as I like to call it to perform wonders. It has the greatest pigmentation and applies non-streaky but the formula is quite bad. It is really tacky, it does not dry down at all. Even so, the shade is gorgeous.
To make my lips have a little more something, I applied the 1st shade from my Catrice Absolute Nude Palette to the little of my lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment