Thursday, December 4, 2014

Eating out Moscow : Yaposha

It was my friend's birthday on the 19th of November, so we had decided to eat out since we found a restaurant we wanted to try and they had 50% off coupon.

This website, Biglion.ru , is a great website to check out coupons for restaurants and cafes around Moscow.

The Yaposha we visited is located near Krasnye Vorota Metro Station (Red line)


We ordered the wrong sushi set. We ordered a 'warm' set, what 'warm' set meant in Japanese-Russian cuisine is that the sushi rolls are either fried in tempura coating or any raw ingredient is grilled.
Not my favourite kind of sushi, I prefer my sushi ingredient 'traditionally raw' but we had to finish it since we ordered it.

On that day, I don't know why I was craving for Unagi .So a unagi roll for me.
I like it so much better than those fried rolls, those fried rolls can get too oily for my liking.

After finishing the fried or 'warm' rolls ,we aren't satisfied with our meal since we felt like we weren't eating actual sushi with all the tempura coating and oily feeling in our mouth.
We ended up ordering another three salmon rolls to satisfy our taste buds.

Chocolate roll.
There are some rice in the chocolate roll, my friends didn't like the taste but I find the taste pretty acceptable, I couldn't taste the rice since the chocolate overpowered the taste of rice.

Overall, with 50% coupon, I find the price for the amount and quality of food is very reasonable. I would visit this restaurant again on days of gathering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment