Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pink Kiss : Lipstick haul - Rimmel & Bourjois

I went overboard with hauls this month, there are too many deals going on of late which I can't resist. Rive Gauche - a beauty outlet in Russia, it is somewhat like a Sephora, they carry high-end and also drugstore cosmetic brands, skincare, perfumes etc. is having a 3 for 2 for Maybelline and L'oreal and also nice deals on Rimmel lip products. They have a 30% off all Lumene Natural Code cosmetics.
All these deals are making me go crazy!

I couldn't resist and pick those Rimmel lip products. They are marked down to such an affordable price!
I haven't check out the Maybelline and L'oreal counter yet but I am going to check it out before the deal ends at the end of the month.

I picked up four Rimmel lipsticks and one Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick.

I went crazy with Rimmel lipsticks but can't be helped, they were marked down to be irresistible price.
I had to control myself not to hoard the whole Rimmel stand.

I have been also eyeing the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. I have went to stand to take a look a couple of times but didn't pick it up until today because honestly the price is a little steep for a drugstore product but oh boy! what I experience from them just changed my mind.

Rimmel lasting finish by Kate Moss in 28


28 is the new colour available for the lasting finish lipstick by Kate Moss.
If I am not mistaken, there were 5 new colours added to the range.

28 is a warm pink tone with a satin finish. It is slighly metallic looking in the tube but when applied it finishes satin.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte in 101


I have been eyeing on this lipstick for the longest time. I have been wanting to get it but I keep putting off hoping there's an offer for it.
I am glad I waited because now the whole line is on sale! Ofcourse, I have to pick it up!

101 is a pale, blue-toned pink.

It is one of those girly pink shades that compliments fair skintones. A lot of people it is quite comparable to MAC's Snob in terms of shade but slightly darker.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks

I picked up Airy Fairy and Undressed.

Airy Fairy is one of the most popular Rimmel shades.
Down the memory lane, Airy Fairy is one of the first Rimmel lipsticks I've ever picked up when I heard how much Xteeener likes this lipstick. During that time, Rimmel hasn't pulled out from Malaysia.
Now if I want any Rimmel product, I have to hoard it all from here.It's really sad.

and here, this is a crappy picture of it taken with my old phone when I first got it.  It was still in the old packaging. So much memory.

Airy Fairy is a pinky-mauve nude with a gold sheen. It is one of the most unique and beautiful shade of pink I've ever seen and I have never seen any colour like it.
Airy Fairy is a MLBB shade on my pale lips and on my skintone. It is very flattering, this is one of the shades I always go back to.
I bought this as a back up.

Undressed is a brown nude with peachy undertones.
It is another one of those pretty nudes that doesn't wash me away. I thought it is another great nude to add to my collection of nudes.

I have a love affair with Rimmel lipsticks, not only they have a great shades selection, they also have an affordable price tag. I always go back for more.
I am still wondering are there still any shades I should pick up before the deal ends.

This is the star product of the purchase.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick.

Just let me rave about this product. This is like the best matte liquid lipstick I have ever tried .The texture is so fluffy and lightweight, it feels like cotton puff when applied to the lips. The lipstick dries down It feels like silk on the lips.
It is does not dry out the lips at all despite being a matte formula. Pigmentation wise, it is VERY pigmented, one swipe will do. Long lastingness, it last the whole day but around 8 hours or so it starts to fade very little, basically this lipstick does not budge at all. Removing it can be a pain, I had to soak my cotton pad in so much remover before I could remove all of it, even that it still stains a little.
Even the swatches I swatched on my hand, they refuse to budge eventhough I have used soap to get them off and also Micellar water.

The colour I choose is Pink Pong. It is a blue toned fuchsia. Very loud definitely not for the faint of heart but it can be applied lightly and looks like a pretty hot pink tint.

Here are the swatches on my hand.
From left : Pink Pong, Nude-ist, Frambourjois, Peach Club.

I have my eye on Nude-ist, I really like the colour, it is a muted rosewood colour. I think it is the most day friendly colour among the bunch.

Overall, I really recommend the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks. They are worth every penny.
If you have a Bourjois counter near you, you better check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment