Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chanel Mat Lumiere review

I am going to do a foundation+bb cream review-a-thon for the foundation+bb creams I own.

These is my collection of foundations and bb cream.
It's still a decent collection. lol.

Today I will start off reviewing the most expensive foundation in my collection which is the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation. I can't believe I was willing to pay such price for a 30ml foundation.

I payed RM140.00 for this foundation which is about USD44.25. What a whooping price!

This how the bottle looks likeExtremely sleek and classy with the glossy black cap and frosted glass bottle.

It promises a long lasting finish with a "soft matte" look. What it meant by soft matte look is a matte look but which luminosity and dewiness on the skin which gives the face the dimensional look. Not a matte which flattens the features.

The ingredient list.It comes with a pump nozzle which for me it's the best packaging for a liquid foundation. It's hygenic and reduces contamination.

The top of the glossy black cap is engraved with the Chanel logo.

My shade is in 20 Clair. I am a NC20 in MAC.

First I am gonna say about my skin.
I have combination skin which is pretty oily at the T-zone. I have minimal pores and some mini pimples here and there.

Today I applied this at 7am and now it's 2pm. 8 hours since application.
The base I used is Etude House pore smoothing peach base in Lavender. I set everything with ELF studio pressed powder in Porcelain.

I love this foundation.
The consistency is a little thicker. It's a little creamy in texture wise.
It spreads very nicely and it's really light. It doesn't cake.
The coverage is medium to full. Usually I use less than one pump to apply all over my face, medium coverage is enough for me.
After 8 hours. I don't see any oil on my T-zone area. Foundation is still intact.

I don't have any breakout using this foundation but it really depends on your skin.

It works so well that I am willing to pay to get it again. My skin works really well with it.
It's not a must have, if you can't afford it. Get drugstore brands. Search it over eBay to get it cheaper or buy it in a dutyfree shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment