Friday, March 25, 2016

FOTD : new products + short review


For this FOTD I have tried out quite a few new products. I will give a product breakdown and then I will go more in depth into the products I am using.

Face : Nivea Men Post-shave balm, Essence Pure Nude Foundation, Catrice All Matt Powder, Flormar Terracotta Powder in Dual Gold, Daiso Pink Blush
Eyes : Catrice Camouflage High Coverage Concealer, Essence I love nude eyeshadow in Coffee Bean, Art Deco in 373, Catrice Absolute Nude Palette, Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner, Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara, Catrice Eyebrow Pencil, Kiss Me Eyebrow Mascara
Lips : L'oreal Infalliable Mega Gloss in 110 " I got the power"

If anyone is interested in the nail polish I am using, it is China Glaze's Pink-ie Promise.

First, I am gonna start talking from the base products.
The Essence Pure Nude Foundation. From the name of this product, I would expect the product to deliver a flawless skin-like finish.
Did it deliver? Yes.
The finish is very skin-like it is because this foundation runs very sheer. The texture is very runny. The coverage is very sheer, it is just to even out skintone, it does not cover anything at all.
You need a perfect skin to rock this foundation if not, every small red spot is going to peep through. It doesn't cover even the slightest spot. I used about one and a half pump of this foundation for my whole face and usually I use half to a pump. I was applying this foundation and the coverage is so sheer so I layered on a little more. It layers on nicely, no caking but still the coverage do not seem to build up.
Do I like this foundation? I would love it when my skin is on a good day like this time around where I do not need to cake on the foundation.
Would I repurchase? No. I think there's so many better drugstore foundation in the market who gives a slightly more coverage and provides a skin-like finish.

The next new product I used is the Catrice All Matt Powder. This powder seems to work great as a setting powder for me. I just swirl very little in the pan and powdered over my face with a kabuki brush.
Is it mattifying? I can't give an opinion because my skin is quite dry. Although it seems to hold my makeup in place and there isn't any shine at my nose which I usually get slightly oily throughout the day.
It does not leave me looking powdery or cakey though which I do appreciate.




It is my first time using the Rimmel eyeliner I purchased. I was so sloppy in the application. The tip is fine but flexible so I had a hard time controlling it since I am so used to the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner's harder felt tip.
This eyeliner is very easy to use, the tip is really which makes every stroke precise. Shade wise, the black is not very black. You can see it is still slightly translucent. The eyeliner stays put all day though.

Also, I think I am really hating the Rimmel Wonder'full mascara right now. Have been using it a few times and from this photo I could see how horrendous it is on my lashes. It clumps really badly and it weighs down my lashes like no other.
I will go back using either L'oreal or Maybelline. These two brands have been doing it so far for me when it comes to the mascara department.

L'oreal Infalliable Mega Gloss in 110 ' I got the Power'

Such a beautiful lipgloss. This shade is a pinky-brown nude shade. It is absolutely gorgeous.
Texture wise I love how cushiony this lipgloss feels.
It is not sheer. It gives enough colour to the lips.

The weather ha been really cold here, like -10 or lower. So, I find myself grabbing glosses more since they are more moisturizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment