Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Travel Tag

This is a very different post from me, I haven't done a tag for a long time. 
I love travelling if you didn't know about it. I am travel bug. Since now, I am based in Europe, I am taking all chances to travel around Europe.
If you have the chance to travel, grab the chance, you will be surprised on how it will open up your world, learn about new cultures, soul searching, meeting new people etc. 




What was the last country you visited?

Sweden 

How many countries have you visited?


Greece, Italy, UK, France, Iceland, Hong Kong, Russia, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Hungary, Vatican City, Turkey, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, . If you count transit, it would be 15 (Qatar, Dubai and Germany).
This winter holidays, I will be heading to Spain, Portugal, Switzerland and Germany.


What is your favourite place on the planet, that you've been to?


London. I just somehow feel a special connection with London. This place is definitely is my cup of tea, it has everything I have ever long for in a city, from sight seeing locations, food, activities, shopping. It just has everything.. 

I am giving a shoutout to Norway and Iceland too. They are probably the prettiest place I have visited on the planet. If you are more of the scenic type and enjoys adventures. I would definitely recommend Norway and Iceland.

What is your favourite place in your home country?


This is a tough question. I really really love Kuala Lumpur because this is where I was born and spent my whole life at. I am just a city girl who enjoys the busy lifestyle of the city. 
For a more mixture of cultural and city life, I would choose Penang. This is my mum's hometown. This state is a great mix of cultural heritage with a little bustling city life. 

If you could board a plane now, where would you go?


Japan. I have always wanted to travel to Japan but I just do not have the funds right now.

What's your cup of tea - tropical island getaway, snowy ski break or city exploring trips? 


I like all of them but if I were to choose, probably a city exploring trip.

What are your top 3 hand luggage must-haves?


Besides passport, document and all the obvious.
Lipbalm, pocket tissue and snacks.

Any travel tips to share?

Buy your flight tickets in advance, you will be surprised at how much you save.
Apply an ISIC if you are a student, you could get student discounts occasionally and it cuts down the budget. 
Download any map app into your phone or have a map handy because no one likes to get lost, it's fine to get lost in a country which you speak their language but other than that... urgh!
Don't be embarrassed to take crazy touristy photos, you will definitely appreciate them. 

Most embarrassing moment abroad?


Probably all from taking crazy touristy style photos. 

Biggest disappointment?


So far, there isn't any.

Nicest surprise?

My friends told me how Turkish people aren't very friendly but I was pleasantly surprised when I was in Istanbul. They were very welcoming. I guess that's because I did not have high expectations on their hospitality after what my friend told me. 

Three places at the top of the travel bucket list...


Japan, USA, Morocco

Favourite food discovery...


There's a lot to name. From delicious pastries from the little patissierie we bumped into in Paris to Frozen Greek Yogurt in Santorini to Haggis in Edinburgh. 

Why do you travel?

The world is like a storybook. You can't be living in the same page everyday. There's a need for adventure, soul searching, discovery for self improvement and better understanding towards the world. 

What three things would you take travelling, if you could?

My complete skincare kit, my whole wardrobe and makeup collection. 

Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?

I have picked up all the basics of the languages of the countries I have visited like Bonjourno, Takk. Nothing too fancy. 

What two places would you not go back to and why?


If I have to choose it has to be Manchester, I find Manchester really mundane and boring. There's nothing much to see in Manchester. 

Your dream travel companion...


Basically anyone who shares the same interest as you and who you can compromise with.
Choosing a travel buddy is a tough one, when you do find one who is compatible with you, travelling becomes so much more fun. 

Most surreal travel moment... 


There are just too many to list. 
The Aurora in Iceland. The beautiful architecture and scene in Santorini, Greece. Hiking in Geiranger and the beautiful scenes in Geiranger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment