Saturday, October 25, 2014

Travel Diary : Santorini : What's in my makeup bag - Santorini edition


Santorini is one in a lifetime chance for me, I really want to look good in my photos and also through out the whole trip. It is a really vain statement from me but who doesn't to feel beautiful in a paradise.

Here are the makeup I packed to the island. For me, I feel that I didn't go overboard with my makeup packing, I packed an substantial amount of makeup.
The location is different for my picture because I took this picture on the marble table outside of my hotel in Santorini.

Let's go through the makeup one by one.

L'oreal UV Perfect Sunscreen. Santorini is one sunny and hot island, SPF is definitely a necessity unless you want to come back super sunburn with skin peeling everywhere and looking really tan. I definitely do not want to be have a sunburn (it's painful!), extra tan and also sunspots.
Nature Republic Vanilla Sky Makeup base. This is the only makeup base I have in my collection then, it is not a 'wow amazing' base, it does its job and I am those that can't live without a base, I feel a base is an essential layer to protect my skin.
Bourjois CC Cream. This is my favourite CC Cream. Just those days when i want a light layer on my skin, I would just slap this CC Cream on the go. It has great coverage and a light texture which is great for the hot weather. The Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation is also one of my favourite foundation, I just thought that I would bring a high-end foundation along for the days I wanna feel luxurious and all glam up.
MAC mineralized skinfinish natural is currently my HG powder, it sets my makeup for the whole day.

Garnier 2 in 1 Corrector is for kicking away those awful dark eye circles, ol' cheapie but goodie. The only downside, it often explodes in my makeupbag when I take it travelling with me. I don't know is it the cabin pressure causing the explode all over.

Catrice Lip & Cheek Colour in Neo Geisha. Nothing can go wrong with a hot pink cream blush. I like using cream blush in hot weather, they stay put longer and they look better on the skin too. For those lighter and tone down days my choice would be the L'oreal Nude Magique BB Blush. It is a self adapting blush which gives a light hint of pink on my cheeks.
ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow is my handy highlighter

Essence waterproof eyeliner is the only liquid eyeliner I had then, I bought it before the trip hoping that this eyeliner doesn't smudge and melt under the heat like my Maybelline gel liner does. Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara for the my top lashes and Maybelline Volun' Express Cat Eyes Mascara for my bottom lashes.

Eyeshadow is the Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in Gold Rush and Essence Metal Glam eyeshadow in Chocolate Jewellery. Simple neutral colours that stand out.

I am really into lip products thus I packed extra lip products so that I have more choices. Essence Lipliner in Wish me a Rose is a neutral pink lipliner that complements a lot of colours. It also gives a hint of colour to the lips on those days I just want to be light on my makeup. Kiko Double Touch Lipstick in Pink Mauve is pretty much the budget dupe of the MUFE Aqua lips.
Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge in 08 is a beautiful baby pink, the only not in the pink family is Yves Rocher Mediterranean Collection in Copper Sun. Since I am in Mediterranean location, wouldn't it be nice to have this lipgloss with me and feel all Mediterranean. Copper Sun is a beautiful bronze, it is just so summery and it really looks good with a bronze goddess type of look.
L'oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Rose Melody. This is one of my favourite lip product and lip colour. i just have to bring it along with me.

One missing product that is not in the picture is the L'oreal Collection Privee Lipstick in Julianne's Nude. I was using that lip colour on that day so I left it in my handbag.

That is all the makeup I packed to beautiful Santorini.

No comments:

Post a Comment