Monday, June 9, 2014

Essence Glossy Lipbalm mini review

Being the shopaholic I am, I actually ran back to the beauty shop to pick up more Essence Glossy Lipbalms.

I picked up another two shades/flavours - Cherry Brownie and Strawberry Cheesecake.

The Essence Lipbalms comes with 5 colour choices in Moscow : Berry Cupcake (Shimmery Berry), Strawberry Cheesecake (Shimmery light pink), Mango Icecream (Peach Pink), Mint Drop (Shimmers) and Cherry Brownie (Red)
So far, now I own 3 out of the 5 shades.

To the review,
The essence glossy lipbalms are lipbalms with a 'glossy' twist to it. Eventhough the finish looks like a lipgloss, they still retain the main function of a lipbalm, they moisturize the lips, keeping the lips soft and supple.
Eversince, I bought the glossy lipbalm in Mango Icecream, I have been using the lipbalms everyday, they moisturize my lips well and gives a nice hint of colour to my lips thus brighten my look.
And let me say, I love the new formula, they aren't as sticky as the old formula, somehow they feel a little oily, they feel a bit like the Benefit Lipgloss on the lips.

The only downside since they are wet balms, they do wear out fairly quick, like one an hour or two but the lips will still feel soft and supple, just that the colour is pretty much gone but I think most girls don't mind reapplying lipbalms.

Here are the swatches
From left : Mango Ice Cream, Cherry Brownie, Strawberry Cheesecake.

Overall, they are a very fun lipbalm to carry around in the bag. The shades are really pretty too, especially Mango Icecream, it is such a beautiful peach pink.
I would recommend this product to girls who wants a balm with the shine of a gloss with a hint of colour. With the price tag, it wouldn't hurt trying these balms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment