Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Birthday Haul - Drugstore edition

Surprisingly I didn't pick up as much as I thought i would from the beauty supply store. There just haven't been exciting stuffs in the beauty supply store. I have been waiting for certain products to be launch over here but there aren't seem to be arriving.
There are some new products I have been eyeing from Catrice, Essence and Bourjois. Hopefully they arrive soon to Russian shores.


From the Catrice counter, I picked up two items.
Catrice Nude Illusion Make Up Foundation and Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother in 03 Cake Pop.

Catrice have been launching new finishes for their foundation for Autum 2014. The Nude Illusion caught my eye because it promises a luminous matt finish. Luminous Matt is one of my favourite finishes besides Luminous. I like soft matte finish, it gives the skin a touch of photoshop feel in photos.
My colour is in 010 "Nude Ivory". The packaging for this foundation is nothing special but it is practical. It comes with a frosted glass bottle and a pump. Yay for pumps.
I haven't tried this foundation yet, I will leave a quick short first impression the next time I try this foundation.

Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother just reminds me so much of the Clarins Lip Perfector. I do not own the Lip Perfector so I can't compare.
The lip smoother is a great lip balm and lipgloss hybrid. It is really creamy and buttery on the lips and the most important, it is not sticky at all, like really not sticky at all. The colour is sheer but still enough to give a hint of colour. Cake Pop is a warm pink tone.
Because the finish and texture, it doesn't last very long on the lips. It last about 3-4 hours on me which isn't too bad. It is a handy lip product to carry around and reapply.
Another dupe for the Clarins Lip Perfector is the Boots No7 BB Lips. We can't the BB Lips over here but when I do pay England a visit, I will drop by Boots to give them a try.

Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation.

My shade is 45 Warm Almond. The lighest shade available in Russia is 30 Porcelain which is a tad too light for me.
I didn't meant to get this foundation but as a birthday reward, Rive Gauche allows me to exchange my points into cash. So I was browsing in the shop wondering what I should get since I do not want the bonus to go into waste. In the end, I decided on this foundation and I paid half price for it. Such a steal.
I like the Max Factor Facefinity Foundation so I am quite excited to try this foundation. What's more it promises a luminous finish.

It isn't a big drugstore haul, so much smallet than expected but I am looking out for new November releases in the beauty store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment