Saturday, January 28, 2017

FOTD : Chinese New Year look

Happy Chinese New Year! To those who are celebrating, may the year of the rooster bring you happiness, good health and luck.

This is my first year celebrating Chinese New Year with my family after six years.
Nothing feels as good as being with the family and eating home cooked food.

Today I will sharing my Chinese New Year Eve FOTD.

The breakdown of the makeup products I have used.

Base :
Banila Co Prime Primer in Hydrating Shimmer
It Cosmetics CC Cream Illuminate
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Translucent
Innisfree Mineral Shading Contour Powder in 07
L'oreal Le Blush True Match in 140
Violet Voss Pro Highlighter Palette
MUFE Mist & Fix Setting Spray

Eyes:
Maybelline Brow Satin
ELF Mineral Eye Primer
Art Deco Mono Eyeshadow in 578
Divage Mono Eyeshadow in 7315
Essence the velvets in 05 Taupe Secret
Essence I love Nudes eyeshadow in Coffee Bean
Innisfree Gel Liner in 8
Maybelline The Magnum Mascara

Lips :
Give me Glow Liquid Lipstick in Pink Rose Cupcake

I took some sample from Sephora for the It Cosmetics CC Cream to try out if I really like it before taking the plunge to buy it. So far, I am really liking it, it makes my skin look really flawless. The illuminate one contains microshimmer which is not visible from afar but I know many will find it off putting. For my skin type, the shimmers does good on creating a beautiful glow, it find the shimmers really beautiful. I don't have much pores on my skin so it is not an issue. Also, my skin leans on the dryer side. I did take sample of the normal version too, I will testing that out too.

Also, I have opened my Maybelline Age Rewind and put it to the test. So far, It has been good. I am not too picky about undereye concealer because I do not have visible dark eye circles, just as long it does not crease and does some light covering and illumination it will do good. This product ticks all the boxes. So I guess I will be sticking with using this concealer and a few others that I previously own and won't be buying anymore new concealers.

I have this Give me Glow Liquid Lipstick for quite some time. I would say I am impressed with the formula of Give me Glow. Price point to product wise, it 's pretty great considering that mostly liquid lipsticks are at the USD18-20 range and it's really comfortable to wear, it last all day long (as long you don't go down chomping on greasy food). 

No comments:

Post a Comment