Wednesday, December 23, 2015

FOTD : trying out the Nivea Men Post-shave balm

After watching Nikkietutorial's video on using the Nivea Men Post-shave balm as a primer and had good impressions about it. I thought I did give it a try since it is not a very expensive and I could give it away if it does not work for me.

This is close look on my skin with the Nivea Men Post-shave Balm as a primer. For foundation, I used the Rimmel True Match Foundation. 
To conceal my dark circles, I applied the Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer and to set everything, the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural. 

I can see a difference with my skin by using the post-shave balm as a primer. The post-shave balm has a slightly tacky finish, I can feel that it really grabbed on every product I applied on my skin. It also felt easier and smoother to blend my products, creating a beautiful seamless finish.

For my bronzer, I applied the darker shade from the Flormar Teracotta Powder in Dual Gold. Highlighter is the Essence Monoeyeshadow in Apricotta. Look how well this eyeshadow photographs as a highlighter. My blush is the Daiso blush in pink.


My eyeshadow is from the Catrice Absolute Nude Palette. Eyeliner is the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner in Black.
Mascara is the Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara for both my top and bottom lashes.

For my eyebrows I am using my favourite eyebrow combo. It is the Maybelline Brow Satin and Kiss Me Eyebrow mascara. This combination of products are pretty easy to use and they make my brows look good.

For my lips, I am using the Catrice Glossy Lip Glow.

It is a basic colour changing lipgloss, I find it very versatile. It is one of those lip colour that you can just throw on like that if you can't decide what lip product you wanna use.

I had my makeup for about half a day. I found that my base stayed on really well, no fading of the foundation, bronzer, blush and highlight. Everything was hold on tightly on the skin and everything melted into the skin nicely.
I am really impressed with this primer. Instant like. It's so amazing.

This is how my makeup looks after a day out. Besides the obvious faded lipgloss, everything is still like freshly applied.

A closer look of my skin, you could still see that the highlighter and bronzer is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment