Monday, June 8, 2015

Hauled it & review : Black Pearl Dream Cream CC Cream

The advertisement plastered over a Russian magazine definitely had got me wanting to try this product.
"Черный Жемчуг" or translated as Black Pearl is a drugstore Russian skincare brand, has released their Dream Cream line. I wanted to pick up the day/night cream but I accidentally picked up the CC cream. It was my careless mistake for not reading the label.

This CC cream promises to hide imperfections without giving a mask effect and control shine also provide 24 hours moisturization and give the skin a healthy glow.

This CC cream cost me about 250 Rubles and I got it from Auchan hypermarket. Prices are the cheapest there.


The dream comes in a bulky vial with 50ml worth of products. I like the fact it comes with a pump but one pump out too much product more my face. I usually use half a pump, I need to be really careful to press out half a pump, because it is really easy to accidentally press a pump.
It is unfortunate that the bottles comes opaque  because you will never know when you are gonna be running out of this product.

I have tried the cream a few times and this is a picture of me using the cream. Just to get a picture of the finish and tone.

The cream comes in one shade only and it pumps out pink beige but blends well on my NC20 skin, matching with my skintone. From the shade of the cream, I would think it would be too pink and dark on my skin.
The texture of the cream is slippery and mousse like. I find it really hard to blend with my fingers but works well with a buffing brush. So, applying it with a buffing brush has been my choice of application. The cream is very moisturizing so it can feel oily on the face which is not a feeling everyone would like and because of the oily texture, it gives a dewy finish. The oily texture makes me feel like my makeup is going to slide off my face if I do not set it with powder. Even for a dry skin person, I feel likethis CC cream is too oily.
It is a CC cream, one should not expect too high of a coverage. It has a light coverage and builable to medium.It balance the skintone and covers some redness. My skin has been quite good of late, a coverage like this, is sufficient for me.

Do I recommend this CC Cream?
I prefer Asian CC creams much more. I do not feel like this is a CC cream. This definitely feels like tinted moisturizer. It is an okay product, I don't really recommend it as I think there are better CC creams out there in the market, for example, the Etude House CC Cream or TonyMoly CC Cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment