Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pure Glow : CC Creams (Missha & Tony Moly)

I went overboard with CC Creams when every single Korean brand started pushing out their CC Creams. This is because of my shopaholic tendencies and ofcourse I wanted to try the CC Creams quite badly.

TonyMoly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream ,Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream

The TonyMoly CC Cream is one of the first CC Cream that is launched in Korea. So it has set the standards for the Korean CC Creams. 

The Missha CC BB Cream is an interesting one, it is a CC cream with the coverage of a BB cream. So I guess it is a plus for girls who wants more coverage but wants the lightness of a CC cream.
It comes in two choices : white and beige. 

TonyMoly Pure Aura CC Cream.

The bottle is really sleek. It is made out of metal.
Comes in a pump dispenser.

There's a FOTD with me using this CC cream and a brief first impression. Click here

Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream in White

The packaging is unique yet super bulky! The packaging took up so much of space at my makeup cupboard.
This BB-CC Cream is more expensive than the normal roadshop CC creams.

It leaked a little, I guess the bottle got twisted in the middle of transit.
The bottle is a twist-type instead of a push-type. So I find it really special.

But because of the design, the nozzle does get really messy.

Like most Korean CC cream, it is a white cream with microcapsules of pigments.

Rubbing it in, the microcapsules burst and the colour of the cream starts changing.

Blended in. It matches my skintone very well. The cc cream gave my skin a luminous and dewy look, at the same time brightening it. The coverage is slightly better compared to most CC cream outside and it feels super light, like you are applying nothing at all.

Since this is a slightly more expensive CC cream for a roadshop brand, it is better to go to the shop can try out this CC cream before purchasing it.
I own both white and beige and I would say both are really light, so I don't know if it works well on darker skintones ie darker than NC30 but if you are NC15-20, this CC cream is a good match.

The beige gives more coverage compared to the white. The white gives more of a luminous and dewy look and it is of lighter texture too.
The beige is more of like a in-between a BB cream/tinted moisturizer type of texture.

I have done a FOTD of the Beige version of this Missha Complexion Coordinating BB cream and a brief first impression. Click here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment