Saturday, May 27, 2017

My skincare pick from the drugstore

I am pretty much a skincare junkie and I believe you don't need to spend that RM500 on a Lancome Genefique or Advanced Repair to have great skin. Some drugstore products work as well if not even better than what you see in the counters or departmental store.
Here I am introduce the treasures I have found in the dtugstore.

1) Bio-Essence Face Lifting Cream.

I have been using this cream eversince I first bought it.
This cream promises to lift facial contours, firm sagging skin, reduce double skin, contratcs pores & refines skin, reduces appearance of aging lines, reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles, deeply nourishes and moisturizes skin and shapes V shape. That's a whole lot of claim.
I have notice that my skin has been really moisturized, firmer and smile lines diminished ever since I used this cream. It's not a miracle cream of any sort but I find it to be an effective cream if you are looking for a very nourishing cream that helps to firms the face.
I really like the tingly tight feeling after applying this cream. It is as if the cream is working its magic.

2) Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion
This has been a God sent to me. I suffer from dry skin and patches from time to time.
This simple lotion has kept my skin hydrated and supple.
This product is a one trick pony, all it does is keeping the skin hydrated with hyaluronic acid.
It does not contain alcohol, colorant, fragrance or mineral oil. So, it's great for those with sensitive skin.
By the way, I use the light version because I like how it feels lighter and I find it to absorb faster into my skin. It's just a personal preference.

3) Eucerin Dermopurifier Toner

This is one of the most moisturizing toner I have used from the drugstore. This toner contains 2% lactic acid which is quite little and lactic acid is the mildest of the AHA group, so sensitive skin folks need not to worry. The lactic acid helps to slightly exfoliate and unclog pores and retain moisture since it is also a humectant.
It feels a little sticky after application but it will go away.

4) Garnier Skin Naturals Aqua Defense Non Stop Intensive Hydrating Essence
If you are looking for a lightweight moisturizer. Look no further, this is the moisturizer for you. This moisturizer has a gel like finish which makes it really light and absorbs into the skin easily. I used to use this moisturizer as my daytime moisturizer before I bought the Kanebo to try out. I recommend this moisturizer for oily skin folks.
Among the drugstore moisturizer, this is one of the cheapest and it definitely a bang for the buck.

5) Senka Perfect Whip Facial Cleanser

My favourite cleanser from the drugstore and probably the only cleanser I will use from the drugstore besides Eucerin or Avene (those pharmaceutical brand). I like how this cleanser foams up into a dense and thick whipcream-like texture, it is just so satisfying.
This cleanser does not stripe my face's natural oils off and it doesn't leave an unpleasant tight feeling afterwards.
The downside to this cleanser is the pH. It's a high pH cleanser instead of an acidic one. So far I haven't experienced any negative effect on my face so I have not stop using it. Just love the texture too much to let it go.
I would stop using it when I do find a low pH cleanser I love.

6) Biore Makeup Remover for Eye and Lip

Is this counted as skincare? I would assume so since makeup removing is a part of cleansing. I love to use this for removing stubborn masacara and liquid lipstick. It does the job, it does not sting my eyes or make my vision cloudy after applying it to my eyes.

That's my recommendations for the drugstore, I know there might be more gems out in the drugstore but I have yet to try them all.
There's a few items that I am interested to try out too, one being the Dr. Morita Snail Mucin and Hyaluronic Acid moisturizers. They have been highly raved in the Malaysian beauty community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment