Tuesday, June 13, 2017

FOTD : Simple fresh face

I have not done a FOTD for a long time, it might be because my makeup look is repetitive. It gets boring when I keep sharing my looks which probably looks the same.
This is the look that looks good on me, I do it anyway.

I am not into colour makeup and artistic makeup. I admire those girls who are able to do it because it requires so much skills, talent and creativity to achieve it.

As I get older, my makeup gets simpler and simpler. I am all about the fresh faced makeup, makeup to enhance my features.
Now, it has been searching for the best makeup product that works on me.

In this FOTD, I am going to talk the makeup products I have used and a small review on the ones I have been loving to use so far.


Base :
Banila Co. Prime Primer in Hydrating Shimmer
Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation
Catrice Camouflage Liquid Concealer
Coty Airspun Loose Powder
Innisfree Mineral Shading Powder 01
Givenchy Le Prisme Blush in 22 Vintage Pink
Catrice Luminizing Highlighter

Eyes :
Maybelline Brow Master in Brown
Elianto Mono Eyeshadow in Cocoa
Elianto Mono Eyeshadow in Roasted Brown
Etude House Look at My Eyes in BR402
Innisfree Gel Liner in 09
Maybelline The Magnum Mascara

Lips :
Peripera Airy Ink Velvet 02 Pretty Orange Pink

Banila Co's primer remains being my favourite drugstore primer (I know you can't find it in Watson's or Guardian but it's available on Hermo or the Banila Co stands and the prices are drugstore) . I still have not come across any drugstore primer that comes close to this primer but there's not a wide array of primers to select from in the drugstore to begin with. I chose the hydrating shimmer because of the nature of my skintype being dry.
It hydrates my skin well and makes foundation application smoother. Also, it prolongs the wear of my foundation. Ticks the boxes of what I want in a primer instead of being another layer of product sitting on my skin.

I like the Max Factor Skin Luminizer foundation, it does well enough. I have creasing problem because of my deep set smile lines. I have come to a point that I do not mind if foundation creases after a whole day of long laugh or after half a day. This creases slightly before mid day but other than that, it's a beautiful foundation. It has a nice dewy finish and it adheres to the skin like second skin. Coverage is medium.

The Innisfree Mineral Shading Powder 01 is my new found love. The shade lies between the Benefit Hoola and Hoola Lite. I like the shade very much as I found it very natural looking on my skin. It is not too bold nor ashy. Furthermore for the price, you can't beat it.

Also, the Givenchy Le Prisme Blush in 22 Vintage Pink. My new found love. It's a beautiful neutral pink shade on me and it last all day long. Maybe some people do find the perfume scent off putting , it's on the strong side bu I really like the scent of this product. I like the floral scent.

These days I have been very simple with my eye makeup. I have been using the same ol' neutral earthy shades for my eye looks. Also, I have been enjoying using a dark brown eyeshadow to line my upper eyelid instead of eyeliners because they look softer and more natural. For my tight line, I have been using the Innisfree Gel Liner in 09. Affordable, easy to use and does not smudge.

I have just gotten this Peripera Airy Ink Velvets and I have been trying them. So far, I really like how lightweight they are, they feel like cotton or cloud upon application and they are less patchy than most lip tints I have used. Don't you hate when lip tints stains the inner parts of the lips darker than the rest of the lips.
It did not stay through lunch despite being a super strong lip tint. Guess Malaysian food are just too oily. I have to try out more before giving my final verdict.

That's about it. This is the makeup products I have been using and testing.
I will report back with products I have been using with another FOTD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment