Tuesday, February 21, 2017

FOTD : Valentine's look

I thought of sharing this Valentine's FOTD since I did try out a lot of items that I haven't talked before on this blog for this look and I managed to capture decent pictures on my camera.


Base : 
Banila Co. Prime Primer in Hydrating Shimmer
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
3CE Loose Powder
Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette 010 Ashy Radiance
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC20
Makeup Revolution Blushing Hearts Blush in Candy Queen of Hearts
Violet Voss Pro Highlighting Palette

Eyes :
ELF Mineral Eye Primer
Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette
Aritaum Mono Eyes in 25 Dress Code
Innisfree Gel Liner in #7
Mee Eyeliner in Brown
Maybelline The Magnum Mascara

Lips:
Dragon lipstick in #13 (Anastasia dupe version)

The shade I used for the Charlotte Tilbury Foundation is in 4 which is a tad dark for me but when I went to Selfridges to get it, the lady did say it was a perfect match for me. Anyway after blending out, it looks bearable on my skin, it is just a tinge dark on me. 

I have a hormonal pimple today so I had to dig out my MAC concealer which I have not touched for ages for the pimple. Well it sort of did its job. I am actually not a big fan of this concealer because I find it a little dry. It kinda works for spot conceal since you do not hope for anything too creamy that will slip off mid-day. 

I think it is the first time mentioning about the Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette. Today I used the contouring side to slightly contour. I like it since it's not too dark nor too heavy on the skin. It is a nice natural contour shade just to give a little shade to the face.

I love the Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette very much. The eyeshadows are very smooth, soft, buttery and pigmented. Even so, I still think the eyeshadows can be not beginner friendly and difficult to use. For me, as much as I love this palette, it is not my everyday go to palette nor eyeshadow as they can be too pigmented. Usually I end up with disastrous makeup look when I am not careful while using this palette.I will accidentally pick up too much product and it ruins the whole eyelook.I do not know if you all are getting what am I trying to say. I prefer using very natural soft shades and palettes that are a no brainer to use on day to day basis.

For this look I used the shades Golden Ochre for my whole lid, Burnt Orange on the crease, Red Ochre at the outer V with Venetian Red too redden the look up and Cyprus Umber to darken it a tad bit.
Another eyeshadow I used is the Aritaum Mono Eyes in Dress Code at the center of my lid to give a pop.

By the way, I love the brush that comes with the palette. I think this is the first time liking a brush that comes with a palette or any palette. I really enjoy the brush, it's really good. Both sides of the brush are the right size for my eye.



For my lips, I am using an Ebay liquid lipstick. It is not a fake, the packaging just look like the Anastasia Beverly Hills' liquid lipstick but nowhere states it is claiming to be the ABH liquid lipstick and it does not come with a box like the ABH's.  I seriously think that this does blow a lot of liquid lipstick off the water. For the price, it's amazing. I really like the formula. It's not sticky, it dries completely matte and it is very comfortable on the lips. 
I really love this shade, it's a dusty pink shade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment