Saturday, April 5, 2014

April love : Orly nail polish haul & bourjois

Happy April Lovelies!

This is my 500th post. Woohoo!
I have crossed a milestone.

This is going to be another haul post with some short reviews.

The beauty store near my hostel were having a sale on Orly nail polishes. I heard a lot of great reviews on these nail polishes but never bother to try it since it is definitely quite pricey over here (I don't pay a lot for my nail polishes) and I don't think it is available in Malaysia, I never really check on nail polishes so correct me if I am wrong.

There's an offer on these nail polishes, I took advantage and pick up a few colours since now, I am back being very into nail polishes.

I picked up three bottles after standing and choosing from the stand for quite a long time.

From left, You're Blushing, Artificial Sweetener and Harmonious Mess.

I find these three colours are the most beautiful colours available at the stand. I will do a colour description and swatches of them when I get working with the nail polishes.

Also, I am going to throw some swatches of nail polishes and small review regarding nail polishes I picked up from my previous haul , here,  that I have already tried out.

Rimmel 60 seconds in Mary Mary Quite Contrary.

Mary Mary Quite Contrary is a pale grey lilac.
This colour looks obviously gorgeous in the bottle but applied, it is really sheer. It took about three coats to build up the colour as in the bottle and on my nails.
This nail polish dries down pretty quick but not in 60 seconds but still fairly quick enough for me. Don't you just hate waiting for nail polish to dry down. Oh wow, I had this on my nails for 4 days and it still hasn't chip. I am amazed.
Overall, I like this nail polish because of its colour, it's a very gorgeous colour that works on many skintones and outfits because of the grey tone. I feel that dusty, muted and grey tones work very well on a lot of skintone.

Rimmel Salon Pro in Peppermint.

Peppermint is a light bluish-green. It's quite a common colour, many brands have a version of this colour of their own.
I do find Rimmel's version of this colour, absolutely gorgeous. It makes a great spring colour.
I just love this nail polish. It's opaque, I took two coats for it to look as on my nails. It dries down fast and it last pretty long, 3-4 days for a person who is constantly washing the dishes and cooking.
The brush is such a dream of work with due to the size. It gets the polishing done in a short time and application is smooth.
I picked up this nail polishes when they were on offer, I would love to pick up more of them when they go on offer again.


This is a Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in 08 Rose Studio which I randomly picked up when I saw that this colour was on 50% off. At the moment buying it, I remembered they had an offer only for this colour and another which I think is 06.
I am not sure if I will pick this lipstick without the 50% off offer because I would say it is pretty expensive for a drugstore lipstick.

Rose Studio is described as a true pink. I would say it is a really stunning colour. It is a bright blue toned medium pink.

I haven't tried it out yet on my lips to give any proper review but swatching it on my hand from the tester, I could already feel that the lipstick is really creamy and smooth, it glides through my skin like butter. The colour is also very pigmented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment